Machinist / Tool-Maker
The Machinist/Tool Maker will produce or repair precision parts using both manual and automated equipment and accurate measurements. You will need to possess manual dexterity and an eye for detail. You must also have knowledge of mathematics and mechanics as well as respect for safety precautions. The goal is to ensure effective production operations (through-put), OTD and optimize procedures.
- Review samples, drawings, manuals and instructions to understand specifications of output
- Plan the sequence of necessary actions for the completion of a job
- Take measurements and mark material for cutting or shaping
- Select appropriate machines (e.g. lathes) and position or load material for a job
- Determine and program size of batches, speed of machine etc.
- Monitor machine while working to adjust the feed, maintain temperature and identify issues
- Check output to ensure consistency with specifications
- Perform routine machine preventive maintenance and repair minor damages
Qualifications (minimum knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies include but are not limited to):
- Proven experience as machinist
- Experience in using, set-up and/or programming manual, semi-automated or automated tools and machines (lathes, mills, grinders etc.)
- Ability to use precision tools (e.g. calipers) to take accurate measurements
- Knowledge of the properties of metal and other material
- Ability to read blueprints, schematics and manuals
- Strong math with analytical abilities
- Physical stamina and strength to lift heavy items
- High school diploma or equivalent; associates degree or completion of vocational training or an apprenticeship will be an asset
- All other assigned duties
Global Engine Maintenance (GEM), LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) and a Drug Free Workplace. GEM provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national-origin, protected veteran or disabled status.